Welcome Bee Linked Supporters!
Thank you for joining the dedicated young men and women of the Zion-Benton Cross-Country Team for the Twelfth Annual Bee Linked Classic. Running is not cancelled!
This year's race has two important changes:
- We are back on the roads for a true 5K (3.1 miles).
- Due to safety concerns regarding the coronavirus, this year's race will be VIRTUAL ONLY. Here is how:
- Register for the race here before Friday, July 17th. Please make sure that your email address is accurate, as we will be sharing results and shirt pick up information via that address.
- On Friday, July 17th or Saturday, July 18th, pick a flat 3.1 course on the roads, and run your safe, socially distant race! Email a picture of your watch/phone/app with the time and distance to Coach Di Grazia: [email protected] by midnight on July 18th.
- We will publish a ranked list of the finishers in each division as well as overall times on beelinked.org on Sunday, July 19th by 10:00 am.
- Distribution of race shirts will happen AFTER race day. We will contact you via email with details for this process; we ask for your patience as we wait to see what restrictions will be in place at that time.
We appreciate your support of our sole fundraiser of the season. We are also sensitive to the fact that many people are struggling during this difficult time. As a result, we will be donating 50% of our race proceeds to Abiding Love Food Pantry, an organization that helps feed families in need in Zion, Beach Park, Winthrop Harbor, and Wadsworth. Click here to learn more about the pantry. Want your registration to go further to help the food pantry? When you sign up, you can opt OUT of getting a race shirt by selecting NO THANK YOU; donate my shirt cost to the food pantry.
Thank you again for your support! We look forward to running “with” you on July 18th!
The Runners and Coaches of the 2020 ZBXC Team